[VA] Short & Sweet Math Challenge #25 "San Valentin's Special: Weird Math"
02-15-2021, 05:43 PM (This post was last modified: 02-15-2021 06:37 PM by Vincent Weber.)
RE: [VA] Short & Sweet Math Challenge #25 "San Valentin's Special: Weird Math...
Hi Valentin,

Is the Python syntax available on the HP Prime CAS allowed ? Smile

I kind of fell in love with Python, now that it is the mandatory language on educational calculators in France (starting in 2017 with the awesome Numworks, then Casio, then TI, with HP supporting its syntax along with HPPL on the Prime). I am teaching my kids programming with both Scratch and Python, and I have to admit that I like it a lot - Scratch gives the youngest good ideas of structural programming with friendly drag and drop graphical blocks, and Python is quite easy to catch up for older kids.

I find Python more elegant and expressive than any Basic, even the massively enhanced 71B one (but granted, the 71B can interact seamlessly with advanced mathematical features such as matrices. To compete that, Python calculators should provide Numpy, which is not the case yet).

On the Numworks (did I say how much I love this tiny, stylish, fast, well designed machine with awesome software ? Valentin you should love it, as you love beautiful objects Smile ) the Python menus allow you to generate skeletons of code with utmost ease.

Anyway... I already got the (surprising indeed !) answer for #1. If you ban Python altogether, I shall try with RPN on Free42 Smile

Cheers,

Vincent
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [VA] Short & Sweet Math Challenge #25 "San Valentin's Special: Weird Math... - Vincent Weber - 02-15-2021 05:43 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)