Free42 with big stack, test version
02-04-2021, 03:39 PM (This post was last modified: 02-04-2021 03:51 PM by Peet.)
RE: Free42 with big stack, test version
(02-04-2021 01:51 PM)Thomas Okken Wrote:  Just like the HP-42S, Free42 never tells you which function triggers an error, any error. You can tell because it's the one you just pressed on the keyboard, or, if it happened while running a program, it's the one that the program halted on, which you can see by going into program mode. This is how RPN keystroke programmable calculators have always worked.

I try to explain what I tried to say, it is difficult to do this with my moderate school-english skills, but I try.

On the HP28C (with an empty Stack):
If you type "SIN" then you get "to few arguments", if you type "5 X^2" you get a result.
If you type "100 +" instead then you get also "to few arguments" but a single argument would have been enough e.g. for SIN.

On a HP28S, HP48G Hewlett Packard enhanced this Message:
If you say "2 +" then you get: "+ ERROR: to few arguments", because e.g. for SIN a single number is not to few. The new Message is more precise.

At the moment free42 makes it like the HP28C and not like the 28S or 48G.

On the Prime HP returned to a message without telling the function but with a better wording. The Prime doesn't tell you, you used to few arguments, the prime says you used not the right number of arguments. On this phrase the question "why?" arise less than with the message "too few".

My calculators - former: CBM PR100, HP41CV, HP11C, HP28S - current: HP48G, HP35S, Prime, DM41X, DM42, HP12C
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Free42 with big stack, test version - Peet - 02-04-2021 03:39 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)