Free42 with big stack, test version
02-05-2021, 09:45 PM (This post was last modified: 02-05-2021 09:53 PM by Thomas Okken.)
RE: Free42 with big stack, test version
(02-05-2021 09:14 PM)Peet Wrote:  But there are still some points that do not match the so far very consistent free42.

Well, yes. When you turn on the big stack, you get big stack behavior. That is different from four-level stack behavior. That's the whole point. The only way to be perfectly consistent with the four-level stack is to have a four-level stack, which is why that mode is still there.

(02-05-2021 09:14 PM)Peet Wrote:  Stack error messages as the 28C instead of improved ones as later RPL modells.

The error messages not including the function name is consistent with every single other error message the HP-42S has ever produced. What do you expect Free42 to be consistent with?

(02-05-2021 09:14 PM)Peet Wrote:  But a backspace behavior as this RPL modells (DROP-ERROR) instead RPN-like (even Prime) with no effect if empty.

Since the X register cannot be empty with the four-level stack, obviously you can never get an error message with CLX, there is always a number there to replace with zero.

(02-05-2021 09:14 PM)Peet Wrote:  X<>Y (without X and Y Registers) instead of SWAP to swap stack positions 1 and 2.

Are you having difficulty grasping the equivalence between "level 1" and "X register", and "level 2" and "Y register"?

(02-05-2021 09:14 PM)Peet Wrote:  Unanswered compatibility question for programs that are written in the other mode.

What are you even talking about? We've been discussing the behavior of the big stack in great detail here!

(02-05-2021 09:14 PM)Peet Wrote:  Unanswered question about register-function e.g. RCL IND L.
etc.

Which question would that be? I must not be paying attention?

(02-05-2021 09:14 PM)Peet Wrote:  Today I saw a test of a luxury watch on Youtube. The watch was said to be outstanding, but at the watchmaker the tester took a look at the movement and it was encased in a plastic spacer. Even if you never see it, the tester said, the fact that is there is a turn of.

I'm sorry but now you're really losing me. I guess I'd better not tell you about all the changes I've had to make to the Free42 internals in order to be able to implement SST→, LSTO, FUNC, and RTNYES/RTNNO/RTNERR. Even if you never see it or use those functions, the fact that those data stuctures exist must surely be a turn-off as well.

(02-05-2021 09:14 PM)Peet Wrote:  On Windows there is at least the V41 but as far as I know on other platforms the Free42 is without competition the only great RPN-Calculator. Please don't kill it.

Kill it? Are you paying even the slightest attention to what I'm doing?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Free42 with big stack, test version - Thomas Okken - 02-05-2021 09:45 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)