Plus42 algebraic expressions update
02-25-2021, 05:20 PM
RE: Plus42 algebraic expressions update
(02-25-2021 12:14 PM)Vincent Weber Wrote:  please go all the way with the powerful L() and G() functions, the ITEM() function to retrieve data from a list (or matrix ?). Making it a L-value to assign elements (impossible of the 27S) would be a big plus.

I didn't know about ITEM() yet, thanks for the reminder! But yes, array indexing is planned, including two-dimensional indexes so you can implement matrix operations. How would you use them as lvalues, though? It seems like that would only make sense inside L(). Do you have an example of how you would use it?

(02-25-2021 12:14 PM)Vincent Weber Wrote:  And of course, being able to call such equations from a RPN program would be awesome

Yes, that's the plan, equations should be able to call RPN programs and vice versa.

(02-25-2021 04:39 PM)Vincent Weber Wrote:  I've just noticed that there are two new entries in the CATALOG. "STR" seems to be loaded with string management functions, and "DIR" mysteriously only countains "NOP" (which is also in "MISC").
Thomas, could you explain the rationale for this ?

Directory operations. I haven't given a lot of thought to what functions that's going to require or how to integrate it into the UI, but while I was doing the CATALOG revamp anyway, I thought I should set aside a space for those functions.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Plus42 algebraic expressions update - Thomas Okken - 02-25-2021 05:20 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)