Plus42 algebraic expressions update
02-26-2021, 12:01 AM
RE: Plus42 algebraic expressions update
(02-25-2021 11:32 PM)Thomas Okken Wrote:  
(02-25-2021 10:46 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  This beings up an interesting point - if the user has in fact created an RPN program and an equation with the exact same name, which would be used if invoked?

The easiest thing to do, and totally within the spirit of the HP-41C and HP-42S, would be to allow that kind of name clash and simply define which one wins. Duplicate alpha labels have always been allowed, and the rule is that the last one in memory is the one that gets called (being the first in the global chain, so the first to be found in the global label search). In that spirit, it would be perfectly fine to say that labels are searched first, and expressions second.

Sure, it's logical to allow both and document which one would be used, but I'll make a $20 bet a question will be posted in one of the forums within a few weeks of launch insisting there's a bug, because the author didn't read the documentation.

I can see no specific benefit of allowing both, but there are too many people with too many ideas about how to do things to say for sure that there isn't any benefit, so let's see if I win my bet. Smile

--Bob Prosperi
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Plus42 algebraic expressions update - rprosperi - 02-26-2021 12:01 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)