Plus42 algebraic expressions update
02-28-2021, 12:51 PM
RE: Plus42 algebraic expressions update
(02-28-2021 08:49 AM)Vincent Weber Wrote:  it is great to be able to access the catalog from the equation editor, but this is the old catalog, not the new one with extended functions organized in groups ? Why ?

It's a subset of the old catalog, showing only the functions that are usable in expressions. That's a much shorter list than the complete catalog, so organizing it in groups seems a lot less useful here.

(02-28-2021 09:19 AM)Vincent Weber Wrote:  the 27S allows to enter the PRINT menu in the equation editor, in both list mode et editing mode. This is most useful to print both the equation list and the current equation (especially because we only have one line to edit).

Ah, yes, I forgot about printing. Noted!

(02-28-2021 12:19 PM)Vincent Weber Wrote:  In a previous version, using ->REC and ->POL in the equation editor would neatly convert this into XCOORD (YCOORD with shift), and RADIUS (ANGLE with shift), which I found was a very neat way to emulate the 27S solver functions without touching the 42S menus.
Now, in the current version, this is changed to REC() and POL()... why ?

The 27S doesn't have a complex type, so the rectangular/polar conversions must be provided by pairs of functions, XCOORD/YCOORD and RADIUS/ANGLE. The 42S does have complex numbers, and vectors, so the conversions can be done in single functions.

I think I'll also implement the 27S-style functions, for compatibility, but given the 42S' capabilities, providing REC() and POL() seems like the more natural option.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Plus42 algebraic expressions update - Thomas Okken - 02-28-2021 12:51 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)