Plus42 algebraic expressions update
03-06-2021, 08:02 PM (This post was last modified: 03-06-2021 08:07 PM by Vincent Weber.)
RE: Plus42 algebraic expressions update
(03-06-2021 07:10 PM)BruceH Wrote:  
(03-05-2021 12:37 AM)Vincent Weber Wrote:  Hi Thomas,
Cool !
Btw I think I found a non-disruptive way of entering one-step complex numbers, à la 35S, like I mentioned before.
While in number entry mode, there are two keys that are forbidden to type twice in a row: "." and "E". So on the second keypress, "." could be changed to "i" and "E" to "theta", thus allowing complex entry without altering 42S normal behaviour, nor changing the skin. This also could be used in equation mode, to solve complex values (and allowing complex equation variables) symbolically when possible, as discussed earlier.

What do you think ?

Cheers

On the HP32SII pressing 1..2 enters 1/2. What if we ever wanted to introduce a fraction mode? ;-)
I thought of this.
I personnally couldn't care less about the fraction mode, it is not on my wishlist. For exact fraction conversion on the 42S, we have the great user program ->QPI that is way more powerful than the 32SII/35S mode (can also deal with PI, LN, SQRT).
For approximated mode, I personnally don't need that. Now I understand from Valentin's feature request document that engineers sometimes need this to gear something, but I guess a user program could take care of this.

Of course, should Thomas decide that this fraction mode is useful, that would conflict with my suggested solution for one keystroke complex number entry, indeed...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Plus42 algebraic expressions update - Vincent Weber - 03-06-2021 08:02 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)