Verify HP Prime G2 Authenticity?
03-04-2021, 02:38 AM
Verify HP Prime G2 Authenticity?
Hello,

I recently bought an HP Prime G2 on Amazon. The shipment was fulfilled by Amazon, but the seller was a 3rd party seller. I didn't think much of it at the time as the price was similar to the actual in store prices that I researched. However, when I received the G2, there were a lot of warning flags raised by the packaging, and the calculator itself. That said, I'm not sure if it is a counterfeit. In fact, it is probably is authentic, but there are just too many indicators that it might be an extremely good counterfeit to not try to at least verify it's authenticity.

Also, just as a side note since someone will probably bring it up...I can't use the serial number label to verify authenticity because it looks like the label was either replaced, or peeled off then put back on later for some reason. The font seems to match other HP Prime S.N. labels that I've looked at on Google.

Is there anyway to verify through software (HP Connectivity Kit, maybe?) that this unit has the correct processor, and correct amount of memory? I really don't want to unscrew anything on the calculator to look at the internals, and potentially waste $140 in the process...

Thanks in advanced!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Verify HP Prime G2 Authenticity? - ersoini - 03-04-2021 02:38 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)