Sandhill Electronic Caliper = HP71B + 82162A + Fowler Ultra-Cal II
03-09-2021, 06:48 PM (This post was last modified: 03-09-2021 07:22 PM by Lourensk.)
Sandhill Electronic Caliper = HP71B + 82162A + Fowler Ultra-Cal II
Hi everyone,

Just acquired a nice Electronic Caliber measurement system on our Dutch on-line market place for a very reasonable price.

The system:

1. HP71B: 2CDCC HPIL:1B

2. 82162A Thermal HP-IL printer with dead battery pack (4 replacement cells under order)

3. Fowler Ultra-Cal II digital caliper

4. 2x Custom PCB's manufactured by Sandhill Scientific Inc, Littleton, Colorado, USA. in a cute housing with panel lights for the 71B keyboard, with internal dead 7.2V Nicad.

I would like to show you this system as it seems there is no information to be found online anywhere.

While a complete 71B newbie I figured out a few things by reading a few articles in this great forum.

When I power the caliper PCB with external 7.2 VDC the system seems to work, the IL loop is closed when I leave the printer out.

But of course this system is useless as intended without the companion software which was not included, I assume this software resided on magnetic cards since the 71B is equipped with a card reader.

The good new is lot's of HP-IL connectors even chassis mounted versions, PIL-Box is under construction.

All the best,
Lourens.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Sandhill Electronic Caliper = HP71B + 82162A + Fowler Ultra-Cal II - Lourensk - 03-09-2021 06:48 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)