Anything I should know before buying a 71B?
03-16-2021, 01:10 PM (This post was last modified: 03-16-2021 01:11 PM by Maximilian Hohmann.)
RE: Anything I should know before buying a 71B?
Hello!

(03-16-2021 12:50 PM)Dave Britten Wrote:  Battery question: I'm assuming I can use any good quality NiMHs from reputable brands - Eneloop, EBL, etc. Do you get enough warning time with the low battery alert when using rechargeables?

I use mine with "normal" (non well-known brand that is) NiMHs and get the low battery warning well in advance. Be aware that the calculator draws a little current when turned off, so if you don't use it for longer periods (rather months instead of weeks) you may find the batteries drained.

With all those accessories you plan to buy, the best thing would be to power it from the mains anyway.

(03-16-2021 12:50 PM)Dave Britten Wrote:  Are there any listed here (or available elsewhere) that are generally considered essential,...

Essential for what? Do you want to use your HP-71B for controlling a vaccine production plant or just play around with it to see what it can do and how it interacts with all those accessories?

The only really essential thing regarding the 71B that comes to my mind is the MATH ROM. Without that, you will not be able to try out all those wonderful algortihms invented by Valentin :-)

Regards
Max
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Anything I should know before buying a 71B? - Maximilian Hohmann - 03-16-2021 01:10 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)