Sharp electronic organizers with the IC card slot (Wizard OZ/IQ/PA/PI series)
03-30-2021, 02:55 PM
RE: Sharp electronic organizers with the IC card slot (Wizard OZ/IQ/PA/PI series)
(03-30-2021 08:15 AM)Akuji Wrote:  Also, Dave, could you please help me identifying this card and its purpose (maybe, you can understand the meaning of the buttons' descriptions)? Unfortunately, I've got this card without a box and instruction manual, and the card was never listed in Sharp's IC card catalogs from what I know. But it's a genuine retail card and not based on a Basic/EPROM card from the looks of it.

Based on what I can make out, I think it might be software for connecting the organizer to some kind of electronic sign and programming it with messages.

The first three buttons down the left are for selecting a text/letter/graphic input mode. The two under those, I'm not quite sure. They might be for transmitting data and other special functions.

The next column of five buttons are for choosing a display schedule: year-round, by month, by day of week, by date (of month?), by hour.

The four in the upper right appear to do double duty as color selection, and character set selection: red/original characters, green/personal characters (user dictionary?), orange/code, black/symbol.

Then below those are typical editor functions: delete, insert, cancel, help, select/execute.

So based on all that, and the fact that it's labeled "Art Sign Card", I'm guessing it doesn't have a ton of use without a compatible sign and cable to go with it. Smile But if you can find a three-color electronic sign from Seiko made around 1990, then this might be what you would use to program it.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sharp electronic organizers with the IC card slot (Wizard OZ/IQ/PA/PI series) - Dave Britten - 03-30-2021 02:55 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)