Sharp electronic organizers with the IC card slot (Wizard OZ/IQ/PA/PI series)
02-01-2022, 02:10 PM
RE: Sharp electronic organizers with the IC card slot (Wizard OZ/IQ/PA/PI series)
(02-01-2022 02:01 AM)rprosperi Wrote:  As strange as it sounds, this is 'normal', in the sense that this is how nearly all devices with this same textured material feel at this age. Oddly, it does not occur to a few machines, and I've no idea what is different about them, it's not a production order/batch thing, it's probably due to these few machines being subjected to (or maybe not subjected to) exposure to some environment (such as lots of direct sunlight) or some material/chemical.

It is probably consistent but also strange that you can't pragmatically 'clean' it to remove the feeling, without doing damage to the surface. The material has simply degraded.

I did finally get it acceptably clean. After a while, I did notice that it appeared to be more of a broken down coating on the surface rather than what I initially thought may be leftover adhesive from something applied to it.

When I finally got it all nice and not sticky, the front looks great. The back was starting to lose some black color in the crevices of the grain. I rectified that by rubbing some black acrylic-based paint into the grain and buffing off the extra.

The unit now looks and feels new, front and back (and doesn't stick to my hands).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sharp electronic organizers with the IC card slot (Wizard OZ/IQ/PA/PI series) - Xorand - 02-01-2022 02:10 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)