Sharp electronic organizers with the IC card slot (Wizard OZ/IQ/PA/PI series)
02-18-2022, 09:42 AM
RE: Sharp electronic organizers with the IC card slot (Wizard OZ/IQ/PA/PI series)
(03-29-2021 06:00 AM)Akuji Wrote:  
(03-29-2021 02:40 PM)Joe Horn Wrote:  Is your OZ-707 card also a prototype? Its back states that it's OZ-770 with 64 Kb RAM even though the label on the front lists only 32 Kb.

Yes and no. As you noticed, production was not fully ramped up yet, so they used another card's back, but the PEEK command in this card refuses to read the organizer's password, so the firmware was either fully baked or very close to it. I suspect that only a handful of cards like this one ever existed, as final beta-testing units. Bob, does that sound right?

I was provided a photo of the OZ-707 card based on IQ-775. Is it also a prototype or from the first retail batch?

[Image: OZ-707-in-IQ-775.png]

On the other note, I have recently discovered that the '3Dimensional Spreadsheet Card' has different versions depending on the card model. In fact, the versions might differ even for the same card model (I have another IQ-8D04M with v3.0 on it):

[Image: 3dimensional-spreadsheet-versions.jpg]

Finally, I want to mention the cards' serial numbers: I'm building a database of the IDs for my research and found two different card models that share the same serial number (which is supposed to be unique):

[Image: Monosnap-2021-11-25-18-50-00.jpg]

To anyone who has Sharp organizers with the IC card slot and/or the IC cards themselves, could you please share the serial numbers of your items with me either via the forum or email 'sharp.serialid' @ Google mail. This would help me with their analysis and allow to publish some insights in the future.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sharp electronic organizers with the IC card slot (Wizard OZ/IQ/PA/PI series) - Akuji - 02-18-2022 09:42 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)