Sharp electronic organizers with the IC card slot (Wizard OZ/IQ/PA/PI series)
07-19-2022, 02:36 PM (This post was last modified: 07-19-2022 02:44 PM by Akuji.)
RE: Sharp electronic organizers with the IC card slot (Wizard OZ/IQ/PA/PI series)
This initiative took me some time, but I finally managed to collect all retail models of the Japanese 'PA' series of electronic organizers with the IC card slot, all in working condition. Excluded are different color variants (i.e., PA-7000, PA-Xn) or package/branding variants (PA-7000, PA-7500, PA-9500 etc.) to not clutter the photo.

[Image: IMG-7866.jpg]

I want to highlight the following four models:
- PA-7000 - the first of its kind, the device that introduced extensive expandability of an electronic organizer via optional software IC cards (and was also the first representative of this category in Japan capable of displaying Kanji characters). Pictured with PA-7C1A «English-Japanese / Japanese-English Translator Card"
- PA-8500 - more practical and sturdy construction, twice the screen resolution and RAM capacity compared to PA-7000, the inclusion of the internal clock, emoji-like symbols, etc. Pictured with PA-3C22 «The Great Puzzle Labyrinth» game card.
- PA-9500 - a new generation with a more powerful CPU (ESR-L, the same one used in PC-E500 series of pocket computers and western OZ/IQ organizers) and larger memory capacity, four times the screen resolution compared to PA-8500, and the addition of touch input; overhauled graphical user interface and lots of software improvements. Pictured with PA-9C3 "Hyper Function Program Card (BASIC).»
- PA-X1 - all the features of the PA-8x00 series in a small package weighing just 99 grams (3,5 oz), which is more than two times less than its predecessor. Finally, carrying an electronic organizer in a shirt pocket became possible. Pictured with PA-3C50 "Blood Type + Astrology Card."

[Image: IMG-9441.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sharp electronic organizers with the IC card slot (Wizard OZ/IQ/PA/PI series) - Akuji - 07-19-2022 02:36 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)