Sharp electronic organizers with the IC card slot (Wizard OZ/IQ/PA/PI series)
03-01-2023, 03:45 AM
RE: Sharp electronic organizers with the IC card slot (Wizard OZ/IQ/PA/PI series)
(02-24-2023 11:27 AM)Akuji Wrote:  I've obtained a rare English operating guide for the Japanese PA-8500 organizer. Certain Japanese companies used Japanese organizers in their US subsidiaries, which required minimum localization of these devices. Maybe, @rprosperi can provide more details on this matter.

Sorry, I can't as I've never seen one before; this is truly surprising, as when I was there, I had an 8500 and tried in vain to get an English manual but could not locate one. The PA-8500 was never sold in US in retail, but there were Japanese companies with American subsidiaries which used these in large quantities, and I presume these simplified guides were provided as part of a bulk custom order.

As for the list of models, I don't believe there ever was an OZ-9000, but there was and OZ-9600 which isn't listed, so I suspect that is just a typo where 9000 -> 9600.

--Bob Prosperi
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sharp electronic organizers with the IC card slot (Wizard OZ/IQ/PA/PI series) - rprosperi - 03-01-2023 03:45 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)