HP-71B MultiMod ROM Emulator - Issues ?
03-27-2021, 03:29 PM
RE: HP-71B MultiMod ROM Emulator - Issues ?
My initial assumption that the failure of the one unit you have is due to a bus timing issue might be weakened by the fact the the unit (2410A) is bracketed by earlier (2401A yours, 2406A, mine) and later models in your list. If it is a late output settling time issue then your CPU may be a real outlier. Makes sense that hardware (FRAM71) would have no issue while software-emulating-hardware does.

The fact that all three boards don't work in that unit pretty much rules out the microcontroller is getting stuck in the boot loader, but you might try this to verify: Insert the board, cycle the 71 on then off so it probes the Port, go into the serial monitor and use the Plug command (PLUG YES) to plug in the ROMs, then Quit the monitor and see if a VER$ command reports anything. Unlikely, but worth confirming.

Quote:No that's not possible, if the ULIB52 keywords are working, the VER$ should also.
It may just that you're also using the FORTH Pac revision B that already includes STRUTIL which provides a part of the User Lib keywords. Try with a ULIB52 function that is not in STRUTIL, such as COMP$(" ").

J-F
That explains it! I was using ROT$ as a test that the ROM was really present in the address space.

BTW, congratulations Sylvain on such a collection of 71's. Perhaps you could arrange them in an HP-IL loop and mine Bitcoin Smile

Remember kids, "In a democracy, you get the government you deserve."
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP-71B MultiMod ROM Emulator - Issues ? - mfleming - 03-27-2021 03:29 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)