HP-71B MultiMod ROM Emulator - Issues ?
03-28-2021, 07:11 AM
RE: HP-71B MultiMod ROM Emulator - Issues ?
(03-27-2021 06:22 AM)mfleming Wrote:  Thankfully I was dumb-lucky enough to to acquire a second 71B during development, an early 2406A metal back model (original model I was using was 2724A). These very early models have a significantly different bus access timing profile compared to the published HW IDS specs. My early 71B failed or locked up when first used, so I had to adjust emulator timing to match. J-F has some 'scope traces illustrating the differences in timing vs. later models. Timing compensation could likely be possible for these early, I believe slower clock models, but it would need to be a separate code branch. A fix for this would present a timing headroom risk for the bulk of the later models, so would need to be managed and distributed separately. A change wouldn't be hard but you'd have to be the test guinea pig on this one Smile Best to see if any others are affected first.

Just to clarify, does this mean my MultiMod (which is still on its way) won't work in my 1BBBB 71B or probably won't or 50/50?

TIA, dmh

Calculator Clique on YouTube
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP-71B MultiMod ROM Emulator - Issues ? - dmh - 03-28-2021 07:11 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)