Public Beta Availiable - Win/Firmware
04-17-2021, 06:20 PM (This post was last modified: 04-17-2021 06:22 PM by parisse.)
RE: Public Beta Availiable - Win/Firmware
I'm afraid you can not deduce much from the eigenmath timings.
For example, 100000! seems really slow with eigenmath, with giac it takes 0.01s natively and 0.35s in wasm on my 5 years old Mac
session Xcas
For is_pseudoprime(2^4253-1), I get 1s natively and 41s in wasm.
The large ratio is probably a consequence of GMP native optimizations.
For this example, I'm surprised by the wasmtime you get with eigenmath compared to giac wasm time inside Firefox: if there is no bug in eigenmath for wasm, it would mean that multiplication and remainder of big integers are faster in eigenmath than with GMP with generic code, but that's not what we observe for 100000! It would require more benchmarking with arguments of various bitsizes.

Anyway, large integer operations in giac with GMP are at least one order of magnitude slower in wasm wrt native on x64. I don't know if this is still true for ARM, but I guess that GMP has also ARM native optimizations.

In my experience floating point operations performance is acceptable in wasm inside Firefox (a speed ratio of about 2 or 3).

BTW, you probably do not need to compile giac yourself, giac.wasm is available from here and you can easily benchmark with time() in simple.html. If you want to compile yourself, you can download emgiac (emscripten 1) or emgiac (emscripten 2)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Public Beta Availiable - Win/Firmware - parisse - 04-17-2021 06:20 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)