Public Beta Availiable - Win/Firmware
04-24-2021, 01:27 AM
RE: Public Beta Availiable - Win/Firmware
I am playing with the Python environment using the HP Prime Virtual Calculator beta 2.1.14558 under Windows, and the HP Connectivity Kit of the same version. Its all very exciting.

Double clicking on a Python file listed within the Python App within the connectivity kit happens to open that Python file in Visual Studio Code on my windows machine - nice! I get glorious Python syntax highlighting and am able to edit the Python code using code completion etc.

However saving the file e.g. C:\Users\Andy\Documents\HP Connectivity Kit\Calculators\HP Prime\PythonAndy1.hpappdir\test1.py does not update the HP Prime Virtual Calculator version of that file, so any edits I do in vscode are useless. Quitting the HP Prime Virtual Calculator and restarting it doesn't help since the python file in question simply disappears and then re-appears when the HP Prime Virtual Calculator is restarted - with the old, original version of the Python file.

Is there a way to get the HP Prime Virtual Calculator to rescan the disk and load in the latest version of a Python file? This would be a game changer.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Public Beta Availiable - Win/Firmware - tcab - 04-24-2021 01:27 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)