Please help with filing a bug against glibc, I have privacy concerns
04-22-2021, 12:30 AM
RE: Inconsistency detected by ld.so: dl-fini.c: 88: _dl_fini: Assertion [...] failed!
(04-21-2021 06:36 PM)3298 Wrote:  
(04-21-2021 05:02 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  Which "Not remotely an HP Calculator" machine or program is this about?
glibc on basically any Linux (or similar) desktop and laptop, obviously. I mean, read the section titled "Build date & Hardware"...
Counter-question: Which other category should this have gone into? It's not an HP calculator, so this doesn't fit into "General Discussion"; and despite the ability to run emulators or simulators of these, I don't think it qualifies for "Not quite", so into the "Not remotely" category it goes.

I guess it isn't obvious, since one should reasonably expect a post here to be about a calculator, or calculator-related topic, or at least say that it isn't if not. I agree some fairly OT posts are made here, and that's fine, but they typically do identify themselves as OT, or sometimes it's clear from the topic.

I'd guess that dozens of calculator-software projects include a glib.c, so it appeared you simply forgot to include which machine or program this applies to, as that seems more likely than it was completely unrelated.

I think this is indeed the right place to post it, among the choices here, but would suggest it helps to note that it's OT when it's somewhat wide of the core topics. I don't think Linux programming is core to a majority of the folks here, though more than just a few is surely the case.

--Bob Prosperi
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Inconsistency detected by ld.so: dl-fini.c: 88: _dl_fini: Assertion [...] failed! - rprosperi - 04-22-2021 12:30 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)