[SOLVED] 50g library appearing twice in LIB menu
06-22-2014, 01:54 AM
RE: [SOLVED] 50g library appearing twice in LIB menu
(06-21-2014 06:58 PM)HP67 Wrote:  Copying SETTINGS to a new name was disappointing. The same problem happens in both directories. So, I suspect something hidden in the directory is corrupted.

I created a third new settings directory and saved the values manually. The library now shows up only once. Apparently when I crashed the calculator in the PLOT app the directory structure was corrupted.

Thanks guys. This is bad news and I have no confidence that my latest backup is ok, so I'll have to see what I'll lose by reverting to an earlier one.

This is a good argument for versioned backups. I didn't make enough of those and I've been writing a lot of code every day. Darnit, darnit, darnit. Sad

You shouldn't assume the directory is corrupted so quickly. Libraries can be attached to subdirectories, so I don't see why you should automatically assume something bad happened to your variables. Just get into the subdirectory, DETACH and make a new backup. If you calc is not crashing when you read the values, then your data is likely not corrupted. Invalid objects normally crash the calculator (there's very few safeguards), so if you copied all your variables and everything is OK, then you're probably OK.
During the crash, the sysRPL ATTACH word might've been executed by accident right before the warmstart, so your subdirectory ended up with the library attached there in addition to HOME. But that's not so terrible, just detach and continue.
Since the attached library number is stored in the directory structure, when you copy the whole directory to another name the library goes with it, there's no black magic there.
When you copy individual variables to a new (different) directory, you are not copying the attached lib, hence you don't see the double LIB.
So far, it makes perfect sense to me. Weird things can happen during a crash, since "random code" got executed, but in this case I think you dodged the bullet.

Claudio
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [SOLVED] 50g library appearing twice in LIB menu - Claudio L. - 06-22-2014 01:54 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)