HP 41 Catalog implementation
05-03-2021, 06:35 AM
RE: HP 41 Catalog implementation
Thanks. It's a stock Halfnut 41cx with Clonix-D which I bought 3½ years ago. I had Diego load it before sending it, because I don't use Windows, and his software for it was Windows-only. I have it in port 1, and there's nothing in port 3 below it. The double XMem is in port 2, and my combined HPIL/XIO was not plugged in at the time. When the latter is plugged in (so I can use my HP92198 video interface), CAT 2 shows:

I think that when I pressed some of the keys that got the re-assignments, and held the key down to see what it was trying to do, it gave an XROM number. I should have written everything down; but I was afraid that if it was in some kind of loop, it would do more destruction if I didn't hurry. It's the only problem I've had that seemed to be a bug.

For others' benefit, what I wrote in the email was:
Quote:What was in the display when the calc froze up included @@x& (where I can't remember what the x was). I had been looking for SQRT which was getting skipped in the S's, and what might have triggered the problem was that I tried the Q after the S, looking for anything starting with SQ (for SQRT). When it appeared to be crashed, I pressed <shift>ON, <shift><back_arrow>, <back_arrow>ON, R/S, and different things, and then I think I pressed ON by itself and got it to turn off, then when I turned it back on, there was some degree of control again but it was hard to figure out what was happening since my key assignments had changed. Then I took it out of USER keyboard. I had to re-do most of my key assignments, but the rest of what was in memory seems to be intact, and SIZE? gives the number I had had it at.

I've never before had a crash, although I did get the MEMORY LOST at least a couple of times in the 1980's when I was new to synthetic programming, before I had the ZENROM module.

http://WilsonMinesCo.com (Lots of HP-41 links at the bottom of the links page, http://wilsonminesco.com/links.html )
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
HP 41 Catalog implementation - Siegfried - 05-02-2021, 07:25 PM
RE: HP 41 Catalog implementation - Erik-M - 05-02-2021, 08:39 PM
RE: HP 41 Catalog implementation - Garth Wilson - 05-03-2021 06:35 AM
RE: HP 41 Catalog implementation - Gene - 05-03-2021, 04:35 PM
RE: HP 41 Catalog implementation - hth - 05-03-2021, 09:22 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)