RE: Sharp PC-1211/TRS-80 PC-1 program tapes from Radio Shack
Hi Dave,

In the text file ACEY, look at line 15:

15 Y=√Π: INPUT "ENTER RANDOM NUMBER? ";Y

As you can see, Y= some garbage.

If I load it into a the PC-1251 emulator, it appears as

Y= LPRINT ~ SGN CLS : INPUT "ENTER RANDOM NUMBER? ";Y

I'm using the Pokecom GO emulator on my Android Tablet. You directly load
text files of the basic source into the emulator.

One little quirk with the PC-1251 emulator - it doesn't like the leading spaces before the line numbers. The funny thing is that the PC-1261 and PC-1350 emulators load the text file fine with the leading spaces. I'll have to send a note to the developer about the quirk with leading spaces. I'm currently checking each of the basic listings in all three emulators - 1251, 1261, and 1350.

The programs that you have posted were originally for the PC-1 pocket computer, but when I checked the Radio Shack Catalogs, I see that they list each of those program packs for both the PC-1 and PC-3. The PC-3 is equal to the PC-1251 which I'm using. So if It works on the PC-1251, it should work on the Radio Shack PC-1 and PC-3.

I have just finished checking the programs in the Business Finance Pack and all of those programs (at least when loading the text files) work fine on the Pokecom GO PC-1251, 1261 and 1350. I went through the manual and did all the examples.

Next step is to test the TAP files with the Olivier's GO125x, GO126x and GO1360 emulators. I have no way to test the wav files, but I'm assuming if the source listings run, then the wav generated from them should also work.

My first pocket computer was the Sharp PC-1211 which was the equivalent to the PC-1. Playing around with this is bringing back fond memories. Running the Finance programs made me remember how great it was to have a pocket computer to do interest calculators back then - especially since there really weren't any easy access to financial calculators.

Bill WD9EQD
Smithville, NJ
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sharp PC-1211/TRS-80 PC-1 program tapes from Radio Shack - Bill (Smithville NJ) - 06-14-2021 01:00 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)