Sharp PC-1211/TRS-80 PC-1 program tapes from Radio Shack
06-14-2021, 03:55 PM
RE: Sharp PC-1211/TRS-80 PC-1 program tapes from Radio Shack
Quote:Actually, the text files are very useful for use with the Pokecom GO emulator for Android. It's a very nice emulator. But it loads/saves as straight text files. It appears to be text files in msdos - no UTF-8. It does not use wav or tap files. So it should just be a simple matter for me to re-create the bas files in ascii format.

I have given up on the Pokecom GO emulator. At first I really liked the ideal of it using plain text files for program savings/loading. Unfortunately, I have now discovered that it does NOT save special basic character commands correctly.

For example, spelling out PI and SQR works, but using the actual symbols for them does not. Saving a program that includes the PI symbol and then reloading it results in a bad command being inserted instead of the PI symbol. Likewise with square root and other symbols.

It's a shame. I really like the ideal of creating a text file, loading it in the emulator, and then editing the text file and reloading, etc.

So I'm back to using Olivier's emulators which are also great and actually have more features than Pokecom GO.

Bill WD9EQD
Smithville, NJ
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sharp PC-1211/TRS-80 PC-1 program tapes from Radio Shack - Bill (Smithville NJ) - 06-14-2021 03:55 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)