New HP 16C Simulator released: JRPN 16C
05-18-2021, 10:40 PM
RE: New HP 16C Simulator released: JRPN 16C
(05-18-2021 05:21 PM)arborist Wrote:  Wow. It's superb! And MIT licensed too. Wow!
I'm very impressed.

I can only think of one suggestion: an option to show the full number (perhaps in the gray area around the screen) when it cannot fully be displayed on the screen.
Try f-CLEAR PREFIX in integer mode, or Menu -> Settings -> Uncheck "Enable Window" to make it permanent. I didn't really like putting the numbers on the side, and for reasonable lengths (up to 64 bits of hex), scaling the 7 segment LCD display seemed readable enough.

I almost made the windowing function disabled by default, since I think that's the more useful mode. But in the end, purism won out: That's not what the real calculator does.
Quote:Ok, maybe a second one: on the web version, perhaps map the left/right directional keys to "shift + sto (<)" and "shift + rcl (>)". (More generally, what is the logic behind the choice of shortcut keys on the web version?)

Thanks for the work of love!

Oh, that's a good idea. https://github.com/zathras/jrpn/issues/10 if you want a notification when I do something about that.

It's hard to pick really intuitive keyboard accelerators for everything - the "?" toggle is meant to help with that. Besides the numbers and the common arithmetic, I just went with things that don't require modifier keys, mostly -- "V" sort of points down, "Y" has something to do with "X<->Y" and since F was taken, "M" is sort of "meta," I suppose. But the < and > keys could be frequently used, for people who don't like the scaled-down LCD display, or are just used to it, so those two deserve some special attention.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: New HP 16C Simulator released: JRPN 16C - billf - 05-18-2021 10:40 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)