Yet another DIY RPN calculator
05-30-2021, 05:13 PM
RE: Yet another DIY RPN calculator
(05-30-2021 05:57 AM)mpark Wrote:  What does the /-/ key do? And the G key?

I was expecting this question. Because of introduction of UNCERT mode, the usual change of sign notation as "+/-" became ambiguous. "/-/" is the "normal" change of sign (maybe would've been better to use "(-)" in TI style). "+/-" next to "Enter" is used to switch between entering the value and its uncertainty.

"G" is the second Shift key (in addition to "F"). Not used much for the moment, only for a couple of functions which are not even reflected on the stickers (change of direction for eta<->theta and gamma<->beta conversion).

(05-30-2021 05:57 AM)mpark Wrote:  My Ender 3 has the same x-not-quite-perpendicular-to-y problem. How did you adjust the frame to compensate? What I've been doing when my upside-down tops don't fit is to rotate them 90 degrees in Z to cancel out the error, but an actual fix to the printer would be better!

Yes, I really wanted to have both sides of the case printed with outside surface lying on the bed, such that it looks nice and flat. This required adjusting the printer.

That was easy. I could notice by eye that the X beam was not exactly parallel to the edge of the bed (if you move the bed towards you such that its edge is right under the X beam, look from the top and close one of your eyes Smile, it becomes apparent). I've loosened the four bottom screws that hold the Z axes. These's a bit of play in them, so you can adjust the frame such that X beam becomes parallel to the edge of the bed with the one-eye trick, tighten them back and you're done.

I guess it's possible that the play in bottom screws won't be enough to fix this, then I'd look carefully at the pulleys that move along Z beams, maybe e.g. placing thin washers in the wheels could help. By in my case this was not needed.

I've seen in reddit posts that some slicers can make a software correction for this, but apparently Cura does not support it.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Yet another DIY RPN calculator - apoluekt - 05-28-2021, 08:48 PM
RE: Yet another DIY RPM calculator - ttw - 05-29-2021, 07:48 PM
RE: Yet another DIY RPN calculator - mpark - 05-30-2021, 05:57 AM
RE: Yet another DIY RPN calculator - apoluekt - 05-30-2021 05:13 PM
RE: Yet another DIY RPN calculator - tcab - 05-30-2021, 07:50 AM
RE: Yet another DIY RPN calculator - tcab - 05-31-2021, 12:21 AM
RE: Yet another DIY RPN calculator - Ren - 05-31-2021, 04:10 AM
RE: Yet another DIY RPN calculator - rawi - 05-31-2021, 04:47 AM
RE: Yet another DIY RPN calculator - rawi - 06-01-2021, 07:19 PM
RE: Yet another DIY RPN calculator - Gene - 06-05-2021, 07:49 PM
RE: Yet another DIY RPN calculator - Ren - 06-05-2021, 10:30 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)