My first program on HP-50g - Music.
06-08-2021, 04:03 PM (This post was last modified: 06-08-2021 04:04 PM by 3298.)
RE: My first program on HP-50g - Music.
(06-08-2021 12:17 PM)Stevetuc Wrote:  However there is also no B ..H is used instead.
Yes there is, Americans call the German B a B-flat instead.
That's not even the only quirk of flats in the German nomenclature, the -es suffix gets shortened to -s on the vowels A and E, i.e. A-flat becomes As, E-flat becomes Es.
Things get even more arcane in the designations for octaves, and if you want to be really accurate with those, you would break the 50g var-name requirements too. It's likely possible to deal with the challenges in a way that would let any professional German musician understand them, but probably easier for others to mix notations and keep the American octaves.

Anyway, using dedicated programs to emit a single note with a BEEP command in each might save a small amount of storage space and/or some time typing, but it would definitely eliminate Joe Horn's speed boost, and probably slow it down beyond the original. If you insist on dedicated names for notes, store only the frequencies in them, and keep the durations and the BEEP command centralized. You may have to massage the list of notes with 1. \<< RCL \>> DOLIST to let BEEP see the frequencies instead of just variable names, but that's just a delay before the song starts, not between notes.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: My first program on HP-50g - Music. - 3298 - 06-08-2021 04:03 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)