Finally the rare (unobtainable) manual for Sharp EL-506P
08-20-2021, 01:28 AM (This post was last modified: 08-20-2021 01:33 AM by giubin.)
RE: Finally the rare (unobtainable) manual for Sharp EL-506P
(08-20-2021 12:42 AM)Mjim Wrote:  I recently got both the EL-506A & EL-546. One thing that I've noticed is that the EL-546 seems to use a reddish solar cell while the EL-506SLR uses a brownish one; not sure if that makes any difference though (this calculator works well even under indoor lighting). Maybe the EL-506SLR is a newer version? The EL-546 seems to be stuck with 1973 CODATA values for the constants (not the 1986 ones unfortunately despite being a 1987 calculator).

My Sharp EL-546 (BTW is there any way to create thumbnails or spoiler tags so my images don't take up so much space?).

The EL-506A and EL-546 seem to be pretty much the same (except the constants and the solar panel). One difference I noticed was that my EL-506A can't solve 2-variable linear equations (only 3-variable), giving an error while the EL-546 has no problem with either 2 or 3 variable linear equations.

@Didier Lachieze You don't happen to have the manual for the EL-506SLR do you? Big Grin

EDIT: giubin, will the EL-506A you will be recieving come with a manual? If it doesn't it might help me motivate myself to scan in the EL-506A manuals if someone else is after it (I doubt it will be anywhere near as good as your one, but it might be usable at least).

Yes, unfortunately the EL-506A don't have constants, but you know, i like the charme of this calculators. I wanna remember the EL506P while can use some boolean logic operators with the EL-506A (for hardware debugging for me are important... for that i love the DM16L). I have the EL-5020 too, but i really like my 506. So you got error trying to solve 2-variable linear equations? I don't know, without manual (can't find online this neither), I can't figure it. You have some explanation? It simply can't?

You are so kind for the manual, btw the EL-506A that i bought, is in box with manuals Smile

I'll scan for you too and share with you all Big Grin

Many thanks.

EDIT: Your Sharp EL-546 is so fascinating too. I like it.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Finally the rare (unobtainable) manual for Sharp EL-506P - giubin - 08-20-2021 01:28 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)