I will not post any emulator related postings any more
09-22-2021, 07:31 PM
RE: I will not post any emulator related postings any more
(09-22-2021 04:11 PM)Christoph Giesselink Wrote:  It's a big deal for me.

The forum "Not quite HP Calculators - but related" is less attractive for me. I don't visit this forum regulary, so when I don't visit this forum, could I expect that other do? Also the default setting of "From: 10 Days Ago" is not very helpful. Just have a look, only 7 entries including the moved Emu42 post in the last 10 days! Why should I post in a sub-forum which has less visitors?

One example happend some month ago, Angel posted a V41 R9 related question in "Not quite...". Weeks later after this posting I made a "Google search" about a V41 related topic and found a hit in this forum I haven't recognized before. So when you enter a question to my emulators in the "Not quite..." forum, don't expect that I ever read this post.

I don't earn any money with the work on the emulators, so it make no difference for me if I announce emulator updates or not.

I guess if you aren't used to the "multiforum" format you may miss some posts, but most people are used to it by now. The threads with the most views and the most posts in this entire website happen to be on the "not quite" subforum, so I don't think it has less traffic than the general forum.
I honestly never had a problem with people not replying when I post something there.
I personally hop through all the subforums to see what's new, you never know the interesting subjects you may end up seeing (for example, I found out about the death of Sir Clive Sinclair on hpmuseum.org and not on the news, go figure).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: I will not post any emulator related postings any more - Claudio L. - 09-22-2021 07:31 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)