Is an infrared printer still worth getting?
10-05-2021, 03:28 PM
RE: Is an infrared printer still worth getting?
I think it's definitely worth having a printer if you've got any of the supported models. It's especially handy with the 17BII or 19BII running in trace mode so you can have an audit trail of financial calculations, or print out the whole set of TVM variables, for example. It's great with the 42S since you can make use of the printer within programs. And of course it's useful for making hard copies of solver equations or programs (though you'll want to digitize them since thermal paper isn't exactly archival quality).

Personally, I feel like the wired printer for the HP 41 (82143A) is a bit nicer - and quieter - but the IR model gets the job done. It also runs on AA batteries, which are easier to deal with.

Off the top of my head, it works with these models, so if you've got a few of them, it's worth picking one up.

17B
17BII (don't know about the 17BII+)
18C
19B
19BII
27S
28C
28S
41C with the IR printer module (not cheap!)
42S
48S/SX/G/GX
DM41X
DM42

Not sure about the status of the 49G/50G family, but it might work with some of them.

I think it will also work with the 95LX and maybe 100LX/200LX if you install some kind of drivers to support it, but I've never experimented with this.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is an infrared printer still worth getting? - Dave Britten - 10-05-2021 03:28 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)