Plus42 Equations, Preview Release
02-17-2022, 02:29 PM
RE: Plus42 Equations, Preview Release
(02-17-2022 02:19 PM)Marco Polo Wrote:  Just found a small bug in Windows version: using COL+ has no effect on calculator screen. Displayed columns number remains the same (22).
It works fine on Android version.
In both cases i am using the skins which come out-of-the-box, i.e. the only one available on Windows and "Portrait Short" on Android.

Good point, but that's actually not a bug, but a shortcoming in the documentation, which should explain what is going on here.

The issue is that changing the number of columns requires changing the pixel scale, because the skin resizing only allows the display to grow taller, not wider. And that's a problem in the Windows and Linux versions of Plus42, because unlike the other three, those two do not support fractional scaling.

It's not completely impossible to use more than 22 columns in the Windows and Linux versions, but until I add support for fractional scaling to them, the only way is to use a skin that can accommodate more columns without fractional scaling, by changing an existing skin to have more room for the display, or by reducing the pixel size.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Plus42 Equations, Preview Release - Thomas Okken - 02-17-2022 02:29 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 9 Guest(s)