Plus42 Equations, Preview Release
05-01-2022, 10:26 AM (This post was last modified: 05-01-2022 10:28 AM by jonmoore.)
RE: Plus42 Equations, Preview Release
(05-01-2022 12:22 AM)Steve Simpkin Wrote:  I thought it looked really good on my iPad Mini. Here is a link to a screenshot.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/QGmeU9ooKtWeishcA

Don't blame my 20/20 eyesight, but I can clearly see compression artefacts on the scaled bitmap. But not to lose my main point, my issue is that the iPad alone gets scaled graphics. The PC, Mac, Linux and Android versions all have dedicated high res graphics for running Plus42 in larger formats/pixel densities (Plus42 BTW looks fantastic on my iPhone Pro Max).

And @Thomas, why the sulky reply to me and the polite one to Pierre. It's good to hear that iPad support is on the list for 1.1. Did you not read the rest of my comment, I'm very complimentary about Plus42? And to be frank I only purchased Plus42 to support your efforts over the years with regard to Free42. I have no wish for a refund but I do believe the current behaviour will lead to customer disappointment in others so be prepared for similar feedback on the app store.

I have so many physical calculators I rarely launch virtual ones on either iOS or Android other than to tinker with emulators. Although the exception to the rule is that I do regularly use EMU48 on Android (the 10" Amazon Fire is a near-perfect form factor for the emulation, and is cheap as chips to boot). I sold my physical 48GX a few years back as I have a pair of physical 50g's, one running the stock OS and one newRPL; and much as the 50g OS is an evolved version of ALG, Erable and Meta Kernal, I still prefer the workflow and customizability of the 48GX with those enhancements). In all honesty, the ability to have a 48GX with 4Mb RAM running Meta Kernel, ALG48 and Erable is a far better experience than the physical hardware (stability, 'backlight' and processor speed being the main advantages). My use of Free42 was also greatly reduced when I got my DM42 (that and/or my DM41x are always at arms reach).

Hopefully, sour grapes haven't stopped you from taking note of the off-kilter UX issue regarding the soft keys. That will particularly affect younger customers who have never used a physical 42 (or Free42) so they'll have no frame of reference for the behaviour, it will simply be perceived as illogical. I'm a UX guy by trade, hence the focus of my feedback.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Plus42 Equations, Preview Release - jonmoore - 05-01-2022 10:26 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 12 Guest(s)