Plus42 Equations, Preview Release
05-01-2022, 01:07 PM
RE: Plus42 Equations, Preview Release
(05-01-2022 12:09 PM)Thomas Okken Wrote:  The Android version is live at Google Play now. (link)

And just purchased this too to support your efforts.

I've noticed a few differences in the preferences of the Android version when compared with the iOS version, namely:

"Skin Smoothing"
"Display Smoothing"
"Always Paint Entire Display"

I'm guessing that these are connected to anti-aliasing of some sort, or maybe some sort of 'smart scaling' of skin graphics (beyond bicubic interpolation), but it would be good to know exactly what they do. Personally speaking, I prefer non smoothed graphics, so if the options are with regard to aliasing, it would be good to have them in the iOS version too, so the user has the same control.

And sorry to pick up on your pricing strategy again. The Android version is priced at £7.49 and the iOS version at £8.99. Yet again, I mention this as the perception can be that iOS users are paying an 'idiot tax' when I'm sure it's probably more a case of Apple charging a greater commission but that doesn't change the perception. As previously mentioned, I'm happy to pay for both iOS and Android apps to support your efforts as the DM42 is my most used device, and Free42 saw a huge amount of use before SwissMicros released their hardware. However, I've been involved with app development for long enough to know customers pick up on the differences between supposedly equivalent apps across the Android and iOS ecosystems. Sometimes it's better to make a smaller margin on iOS, so the customer doesn't feel the cost is being passed on to them.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Plus42 Equations, Preview Release - jonmoore - 05-01-2022 01:07 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)