Plus42 Equations, Preview Release
06-08-2022, 10:20 PM
RE: Plus42 Equations, Preview Release
(06-08-2022 12:15 PM)Thomas Okken Wrote:  Personally, I approached the big stack primarily from a programming perspective. As long as you can program stackrobatics, I don't particularly care how hard it is to reach those functions. And the functions are all there: ROT = R↑N 3, OVER = RCL ST Y or PICK 2, etc.

But to meet these or similar requests, a custom skin could serve, for example, by mapping CATALOG → STK to the keyboard perhaps.

Just to be clear on one of the key reasons that I appreciate easy access to the stack commands on my 28/48/50. It's more for when I'm working through ideas that involve a lot of stack acrobatics, it's useful to have everything laid out on the soft keys. I tend to flowchart longer programs but it's also useful to step through a problem as you would when approaching the problem on a non-programmable calculator, as you often find optimised approaches by 'gaming the possible steps'.

When it comes to entering the programs, the RPL calculators benefit from decent alpha layouts, so most of the time I just spell the commands out.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Plus42 Equations, Preview Release - jonmoore - 06-08-2022 10:20 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)