What are changes in V41 Ver 9G?
11-22-2021, 11:32 PM
RE: What are changes in V41 Ver 9G?
(11-22-2021 10:00 PM)rproseri Wrote:  Most are bugs I've never seen, others will take more time to understand, but can you please clarify the changes in the HEPAX .mod files:

- Fixed Advanced HEPAX HepaxAdv.mod file, page definition of
"HEP-ADV-RAM2" and "HEP-ADV-RAM3" was wrong
- Changed HEP-MEM.MOD and HEP-2MEM.MOD, added RAM size to the module title

Are these changes unique to V41 use, or are these changes to correct fundamental errors in the .mod files, which new fixed versions can be used in other emulators (e.g. DM41X)?

From the German Cursor magazine 88_2-3 the HEPAX modules were sold in different flavors:

HEPAX OS (never seen)
Standard HEPAX with OS and 2 QROM pages (HEAPAX.MOD)
Advanced HEPAX with OS and 4 QROM pages (HEPAXADV.MOD)
HEPAX Memory with 2 QROM pages (HEP-MEM.MOD)
HEPAX Double Memory with 4 QROM pages (HEP-2MEM.MOD)

The V41 distribution package contain the .MOD files HEAPAX.MOD, HEP-MEM.MOD and HEP-2MEM.MOD since ever, but because of V41 bugs in the HEPAX implementation they can be used since R9E.

The HEPAXADV.MOD file was added in the R9F distribution with wrong definition of the additional 2 QROM pages causing a configuration error at MOD file loading. I'm not sure if the 1st HEPAXADV.MOD implementation ever worked.

The prior memory .mod files HEP-MEM.MOD and HEP-2MEM.MOD are fully working but when you had a look at "File/Edit..." both modules are shown as "HEPAX Memory Module" in the list box. The current HEP-MEM.MOD and HEP-2MEM.MOD files are shown as "HEPAX Memory Module 8K" and "HEPAX Memory Module 16K" now.

I don't know how good or bad the HEPAX support in DM41X is, so I don't know if these MOD files are working in DM41X. But its worth to read the section

--------------------------------------
.MOD files with QROM
--------------------------------------

in the V41 Help.txt file about a general design problem with QROM in MOD files.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What are changes in V41 Ver 9G? - Christoph Giesselink - 11-22-2021 11:32 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)