Calculator collection : How to power calcs without constantly opening?
11-29-2021, 05:34 PM (This post was last modified: 11-29-2021 08:34 PM by Jonathan Busby.)
Calculator collection : How to power calcs without constantly opening?
I have many calcs ( and several vintage small / handheld computers ) in my calculator collection. When I acquire a new item for my collection the first thing I do is take out the batteries so that they don't leak and ruin the item. The problem now is that to power up an item in my collection I have to open its battery compartment and insert batteries and then close it and then open the compartment again and take out the batteries and then close the compartment when I'm finished. This becomes tedious after a while and it also introduces wear and tear. I was wondering if anybody had thought of a solution to this. One idea I had would be to use an array of voltage regulators which supply power to a collection of DIY "dummy batteries". The problem is that the "dummy batteries" need a wired connection to the voltage regulators which would be provided via very thin shielded wire, but I'm not sure if said wire would break when the battery compartment is closed over it. Another idea I had would be to use DIY "dummy batteries" which are inductive receivers and use a small metallic plate as the inductive transmitter. I'm not sure how well this would work though or if it would adversely affect the calculator's operation.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Regards,

Jonathan

Aeternitas modo est. Longa non est, paene nil.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Calculator collection : How to power calcs without constantly opening? - Jonathan Busby - 11-29-2021 05:34 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)