Calculator collection : How to power calcs without constantly opening?
11-29-2021, 08:14 PM
RE: Calculator collection : How to power calcs without constantly opening?
(11-29-2021 07:02 PM)toml_12953 Wrote:  
(11-29-2021 05:34 PM)Jonathan Busby Wrote:  I have many calcs ( and several vintage small / handheld computers ) in my calculator collection. When I acquire a new item for my collection the first thing I do is take out the batteries so that they don't leak and ruin the item. The problem now is that to power up an item in my collection I have to open its battery compartment and insert batteries and then close it and then open the compartment again and take out the batteries and then close the compartment when I'm finished. This becomes tedious after a while and it also introduces wear and tear.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Regards,

Jonathan

I don't take batteries out of any calculator I'm going to use within a few months. I only remove batteries for older, non-replaceable calculators of great value and mainly used for display. If you're planning on using a calculator every few weeks or months, then leave the batteries in. Just make sure they're not Duracell. HP issued a special warning about Duracells years ago. I don't know if the newer ones are more leak-proof but why take a chance?

I wonder if you have a link about the Duracell batteries?
(I've always thought they were less likely to leak than many others).

Stephen Lewkowicz (G1CMZ)
https://my.numworks.com/python/steveg1cmz
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Calculator collection : How to power calcs without constantly opening? - StephenG1CMZ - 11-29-2021 08:14 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)