How do you like the Woodstock calculators?
12-27-2021, 09:55 PM
RE: How do you like the Woodstock calculators?
The 30 series were after my time. I started with a HP-25 and it got upgraded after a week or two to a HP-25C which had just come out. I don't know if my dad paid for an upgrade or whether HP just swapped it over for him but it was a really nice change. Keying in programs and then losing them when powering off was quite a pain.

With a lot of time and saving, I eventually moved to a HP-67 and having a card reader solved the pain multiple times. Jim Horn is certainly memorable in HP-67 circles.

The path to the '67 did result in me getting an interim HP-29C as stock of the HP-67 in Australia was low (according to the salesman) at the time so I also got to enjoy the 29. It was very similar to the 25 but had so much more in it, despite the very similar keyboard. There were even a few times when I thought whilst using my treasured 67 that this would have been easier with the 29! I know - wash my mouth out with soap and water - but there were a few.

The woodstocks were all lovely calculators. They were great in their day and they did teach me programming long before attending my first computer class. A part of history.

- Greg from sydneysmith.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: How do you like the Woodstock calculators? - Greg - 12-27-2021 09:55 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)