HP Prime G2 stuck in exam mode
12-21-2021, 11:53 PM (This post was last modified: 12-21-2021 11:54 PM by Tim Wessman.)
RE: HP Prime G2 stuck in exam mode
(12-21-2021 03:38 PM)PSquared Wrote:  Funny - it was right there on the screen:

"Connect USB to end Exam Mode"

Well, I think we probably had about 15-20 meetings talking about the specific language used there and once the translations came back.... also more meetings looking at it.

I guess no way to get it perfect though. Smile

Glad you got it out.

Unfortunately, we had to scrap the more advanced exam mode lights from being synchronized perfectly with a clock because it did not take long for the lights to visibly behave out of sync. Originally, they would also be simultaneously blinking with the idea you could just look across the room and any light behaving differently was suspect. However, we discovered that with the first version of the hardware, the real time clock drifted and jittered enough (and the wireless speed with so many units also did not receive the time message in a quick enough manner even though special code was put in place to update the time value immediately before sending to a specific unit)

It was immensely satisfying though to see a set of 60 units flash into exam mode simultaneously using the wirless modules and be perfectly blinking in a pattern. It just did not take longer then about 15-20 minutes before there was enough drift that it was very distracting instead of being helpful. Smile

Check out the "proctor mode" in the connectivity kit when you get around to it when interested. That will automatically put any connected unit into exam mode on connection with the idea being you have a unit set up in the front, kids plug in and then immediately are done...

The exam mode on Prime is actually very capable and flexible and probably the best one out there by a long margin.

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
HP Prime G2 stuck in exam mode - PSquared - 12-20-2021, 10:47 PM
RE: HP Prime G2 stuck in exam mode - Tim Wessman - 12-21-2021 11:53 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)