Calculator graphics drawing benchmark
01-24-2022, 02:29 AM
RE: Calculator graphics drawing benchmark
(01-23-2022 10:09 PM)Steve Simpkin Wrote:  It is very interesting that the same calculator (Casio fx-CG50) scored both the second highest (using Python) and the lowest (using Casio BASIC) performance in your testing. Is seems that Casio BASIC is particularly slow at drawing graphics.

Indeed. The Python code makes a really big difference for the Casio fx-CG50. The BASIC version uses ViewWindow and the graphing Plot and Line commands. Apparently there are no pixel-based Plot and Line in Basic. Interestingly, the older fx-9860G and fx-7000G run faster with very similar Casio Basic programs. The Casio fx-CG50 Python has no Line command, so one has to write a Line function and perhaps other functions to provide the necessary scaffolding to produce more useful graphics.

I wonder what the HP Prime Python performance is for this benchmark? I don't have Python on my HP Prime, so hopefully someone comes up with a Python version to run the benchmark.

- Rob

"I count on old friends" -- HP 71B,Prime|Ti VOY200,Nspire CXII CAS|Casio fx-CG50...|Sharp PC-G850,E500,2500,1500,14xx,13xx,12xx...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Calculator graphics drawing benchmark - robve - 01-24-2022 02:29 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)