Let's vote for suggestions and bugs
03-28-2020, 01:01 PM (This post was last modified: 03-29-2020 09:21 AM by ramon_ea1gth.)
RE: Let's vote for suggestions and bugs
Suggestion to implement:
[LastMENU] softkey
[LastCMD] softkey

When touched, [LastMENU] would open the last sequence of menu windows used in the last operation. Then, repeatable operations would be extremely fast (and this applies also to unit conversion).

[LastCMD] would write in the entry line the last executed command in textbook/algebraic mode. In RPN, it would execute immediately the last command (again, thinking in unit conversion, but applies to many other operations).

These [LastMENU] and [LastCMD] softkeys would be located in the entry mode softmenu, as it is now the [Sto>] softkey, both in the CAS menu as in the Home menu, whether in textbook/algebraic mode or RPN mode.

Advantages:
- [LastMENU]: once all the menu windows used last time are opened, it’s easy to go back in the hierarchy with the [Esc] key or the rocker wheel.
- Combined with [LastCMD], repetitive operations are fast.
- The usability of both softkeys would be really close to the traditional HP50g-style persistent soft menu combined with a shortcut (e.g., [LeftShift][unit] for unit conversion in those machines).

I believe this would make a difference in the HP-Prime choose-menu style: I like it, but the main drawback is that all the windows get closed once the operation is selected and it is a problem for repetitive operations.

PS. After coming from an HP 50g, though I was unsure, I am enjoying the RPN entry mode of the Prime. And about the algebraic CAS mode: well, in the HP 50g I was using it writing algebraic expressions!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
BREAK still reboot the calc - Oulan - 07-21-2019, 09:12 AM
RE: Let's vote for suggestions and bugs - ramon_ea1gth - 03-28-2020 01:01 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)