Let's vote for suggestions and bugs
08-30-2021, 02:13 PM (This post was last modified: 08-30-2021 02:25 PM by jhallen.)
RE: Let's vote for suggestions and bugs
Copy and paste needs work. Suppose I have an equation with many terms added together (result of partial fraction expansion for example). Now I want to select just one of these terms. You can do it with the copy and paste feature but it shows the problem:

When a part of the equation is selected, it is highlighted with inverse video, this is fine. But if the cursor is within the highlighted part, it's invisible, so there is no easy way to trim the selection. The cursor should blink inverse, not just blink the black bar. I think this is straight bug, should be easy to fix.

Touching somewhere in the current equation jumps the cursor to where you touched. But it would be nice if there was a more direct way to select a single term: if I touch an infix operator (such as division bar), it could select the operator and both sides, for example. But I want both of these touch features: maybe there should be a term selector option available in copy mode (after you hit Shift-Copy) which has this second feature. EDIT: actually when you hit begin in copy, it does automatically select a single term, whichever one the cursor is in (and this covers 90% of cases for sure). But this is maybe automatically selecting too much... if cursor is in the numerator of a term, it should select just the numerator, not the entire term. So now my request is that this automatic selection should be more granular.

One more: when you select an equation from history, it would be nice if Shift-Copy entered copy mode on the selected equation (and not just copy the entire thing). This way I could extract a part of an equation from history without disturbing the edit buffer.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
BREAK still reboot the calc - Oulan - 07-21-2019, 09:12 AM
RE: Let's vote for suggestions and bugs - jhallen - 08-30-2021 02:13 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)