Canon F-800P full featured landscape with features of several HP Voyager models
03-27-2022, 11:08 PM
RE: Canon F-800P full featured landscape with features of several HP Voyager models
Thanks for the information and nice find - I missed that :-)

(03-27-2022 07:43 AM)Duane Hess Wrote:  No help here, but a few items which may indirectly help.

My awareness of the scientific/statistical Canon F-73 (non-programmable), F-73P (programmable), FP-11P (i.e. F-73P with printer), F-400, FS-600 and F-800/800P (and other models) is they are progressively the same device with additional function/capability (essentially). As you progress through the model numbers you progress age and technology-wise. i.e. the F-73 is mid 70's and F-800 mid 80s(?). Basically, the programming "model" doesn't change between the units. The 800/800P has significantly more program steps but still implements only the x>0 and x<=M and subsequent GOTO +/-1..9; which you already know.

The comment is some of those older device manuals are available. 73/73P scans are around, but of low quality as the original manual is quite poor. Watched the YouTube video; thought it was quite good. If you can make that, the manuals for the older units probably tell you stuff you already know.

However, the Canon financial and scientific hand-held series (after they started the metal box format; F-73 & Financial) had publications called workbooks. They were pseudo instruction manuals and example handbooks. For the scientific devices newer releases were published with the newer calcs (don't know how many). But in addition to usage examples also described many of the specific keystrokes of the above units. The workbook included directions for specific keystroke functions. If your unit was older, you simply did not have some specific key.

Found a place called gumtree (guess its a flea-bay equivalent, never used it) the scientific handbook for sale with pictures showing some of the content:
http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/carindale...1272322434

Have never seen an actual F-800/800P manual that I recall.

For whatever its worth.

Calculator Clique on YouTube
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Canon F-800P full featured landscape with features of several HP Voyager models - dmh - 03-27-2022 11:08 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)