Presenting your collection of non HP calculators, is anyone interested of that?
04-09-2022, 05:05 PM (This post was last modified: 04-09-2022 05:12 PM by Maximilian Hohmann.)
RE: Presenting your collection of non HP calculators, is anyone interested of that?
Hello!

I really love this thread! I've been collecting calculators for some 30 years but some of the machines make me stand in awe. Especially these "mini-FORTRAN" Sharps make me envious...

Here I can offer you a view into my "horror chamber": Calculators specifically produced to make money from people suffering from nonsensical pseudoscientific beliefs ;-)

Some biorhythm calculators:

[Image: Santron_Biolator.jpg]

(the same one as before but with Casio label, probably both were mady by Casio because they loook and feel casioish)
[Image: Casio_Biolator.jpg]

[Image: RadioShack_Biorhythm.jpg]

This is the nicest one with extra flashy LEDs to show which curve is close to dangerous levels:
[Image: Kosmos1_Biorhythmus.jpg]

Now two astrology calculators:

This one can be used as a real calculator even if it doesn't look like it. I just saw that the picture turned out bad, however Joerg Woerner dedicates a whole page to it with plenty of photos: http://www.datamath.org/Related/Kosmos/Astro.htm

[Image: Kosmos_Astro.jpg]

A horoscope-only calculator without any "normal" calculator function:

[Image: Coleco_Zodiac.jpg]

And finally a numerology calculator (bought, who would have guessed, from Joerg Woerner...). Unfortunately I know nothing about it, it only came with a photocopied page explaining how to calculate one's lucky number for a lottery held on a specific date. This page refers extensively to the manual which I don't have. There is a single mention about this calculator in the whole world wide web, again with no instruction manual. I do not even know if the calculator can actually compute numerologic stuff, or if the missing manual just explains how to do that using a four-banger with one memory. At least the number keys have special alphabetic labels.

If anybody knows anything about this little oddity please let me know!

[Image: MDL_PNC1_Numerology_Calculator.jpg]

Regards
Max
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Collecting for fun - striegel - 04-05-2022, 01:53 PM
Poor quality, he says! - striegel - 04-08-2022, 12:06 PM
RE: Presenting your collection of non HP calculators, is anyone interested of that? - Maximilian Hohmann - 04-09-2022 05:05 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)