HP27 Restoration (Lots of Corrosion)
05-19-2022, 02:21 PM
RE: HP27 Restoration (Lots of Corrosion)
For what its worth, in my experience when using 2000mAh Eneloop AA cells they do not really seem to stress the pack much, although it certainly feels a bit tight on removal, probably a bit more than normal. I have never removed a battery pack with original NiCads in it to have a point of reference of how much force is normally needed, but it seems its never too easy. The added length of the positive tab on the Eneloops would certainly ad a tiny bit, perhaps 1/16" or less which I would think the springs would still able to take up.

I have several Woodstock calculators all equipped with Eneloop cells, and from time to time I remove the cells to recharge them individually on an external charger. But I have so far never noticed that the contact springs where getting too flat or compressed to make proper contact.

One thing I have also done sometimes is to hook a short piece of desoldering braid in between both springs and wrap it around each spring once at the point where it contacts the battery to ensure more reliable contact between both batteries.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP27 Restoration (Lots of Corrosion) - calc-calcs - 05-19-2022 02:21 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)