Idea for a simple calculator on the DM platform
06-07-2022, 08:46 AM
RE: Idea for a simple calculator on the DM platform
The WP31s is the closest that I know of and it gets the primary keys right, IMHO. It could serve my needs, if it got ported to the DM platform and modified to show the full 4-level stack always, dedicating the top row and a bottom slice of the screen to the menus so that they don't interfere. But that would still be pretty far from what I'm envisioning here.

Like Peet says, more like the 45 or a TI-30 class. Actually simple, not even programmable. Showing all 4 levels of the stack is important to me and I've found it important when trying to explain RPN to someone that is not used to it. With that and a low price then yes it might be what RPN needs to find new users, but manufacturing stuff for a low price is something none of us is set up to do. AFAIK.

I personally have no interest in hyperbolics, despite studying at the university for a decade I still have never used them and don't even know what they are. Also no interest in conversions since I have other tools for that (but my menu-based still cooking idea does include them because it can do so in a simple manner).

Combinations and permutations would make sense to include. Modes could be a single menu with six items: degrees, radians, fix, sci, eng, all. On/off could be not a key, there is nothing to cancel out of here... but I do wish for an undo.

But I'm busy today, no time for this right now.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Idea for a simple calculator on the DM platform - LinusSch - 06-07-2022 08:46 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)