Calculator Culture Video - HP17BII / 17BII+ Versions, Which is Best?
06-19-2022, 11:36 AM
RE: Calculator Culture Video - HP17BII / 17BII+ Versions, Which is Best?
I have both a 19B ii (back door battery model) and an original 17B ii and use them in tandem for their solver functionality.

Much as the 17B ii has a more mobile form factor the 19B ii's form factor makes it the best calculator to develop solver expressions on (the second alpha keyboard makes for speedy equation entry). This can be a little tedious on the 17B ii as it features a 42S-style alpha keyboard. The 19B ii also has an identical extended mathematical function list to the 27S (which also features a 42S style alpha keyboard).

Once the solver equations are developed, entering them into the 17B ii or 27S (recently acquired one of these for a reasonable price) is a lot easier as your mind is totally focused on the accuracy of your keyboard entry.

The 17B ii and 18Bii can both be acquired on eBay for a reasonable price, but the 27S is a tad overpriced IMO, however plenty are listed on eBay and bargains can still be found.

Of the three, the 19B ii is my favourite, as it's effectively a 27S with RPN. Its scientific and statistical functions take it far beyond typical business calculator fare, but it has a "love it/loath it" form factor and a fragile battery door (unless you find a later back door model). All that aside, I love mine (and feel much the same way about my 28S - I definitely fall on the "love it" side of the form factor divide).

Both the 27S and 19Bii are great hardware partners to Plus42 too, as the new Plus42 solver has an identical function set to these hardware models (plus some extra 42S-specific goodies to boot).

Another high-quality video from Calculator Culture (you expect no less given the back catalogue ).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Calculator Culture Video - HP17BII / 17BII+ Versions, Which is Best? - jonmoore - 06-19-2022 11:36 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)