Sharp PC-E500S or Sharp PC-G850VS?
06-18-2022, 01:04 PM
RE: Sharp PC-E500S or Sharp PC-G850VS?
(06-17-2022 11:02 PM)xerxes Wrote:  In fact the Z-1GR is a later educational pocket and similar to the PC-G850V. The PB-1000 however is a classic pocket computer
with BASIC and assembly language. The PB-2000C is an upgrade with built-in C and ROM cards for BASIC, Prolog, CASL and PASCAL.
The japanese version of the PB-2000C, the AI-1000 has a built-in LISP instead of C. The PASCAL card is a native code compiler
and very close to Turbo-Pascal 5.0. Forth is also available for the PB-1000.

I know all about the older PB-1000/C and PB-2000C and was only referring to the later models as an early 80's pocket computer isn't part of my consideration set. It's not my intention to collect multiple pocket computer examples but I might explore more of the emulations in PockEmul (all of the models we're discussing are available in the Android version).

And as mentioned in my original post, it's the Basic/Math implementations that interest me most. Although it was interesting to see that the C implementation on those later Casio models is deeper than the C implementation in the G850V/S. My interest in pocket computers has more to do with fond memories of programming in Basic in the 80s than in using faster compilable languages that deliver peak performance.

The crux of what I'm looking for is a later example of a pocket computer, with a reasonably speedy processor and a rich extensive math library. I get the appeal of the Z-1GR or even the earlier Casio examples you mention, it's just that they don't scratch my particular itch.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sharp PC-E500S or Sharp PC-G850VS? - jonmoore - 06-18-2022 01:04 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)