A practical modern Pocket PC
07-13-2022, 10:10 AM (This post was last modified: 07-13-2022 10:14 AM by jonmoore.)
RE: A practical modern Pocket PC
(07-11-2022 11:22 PM)EmmanuelC Wrote:  And what about the Gemini ?

https://store.planetcom.co.uk/products/gemini-pda-1

A nice device if you wish a small tool with high capacities in an old school box.

I'm a big fan of the Gemini as it reminds me greatly of the Psion Series 5MX, which were huge here in Europe but didn't make as much of an impact in the US. These days, the 5MX commands a higher average European eBay price than the HP 200LX (which I think is too much!). They really are lovely devices but with the Gemini on the market (having the ability to run Linux not just Android), it's a no brainer as a modern day 5MX form factor replacement.

Back in the day I used both the 5MX and 200LX in tandem. The 5MX was my PDA, whereas the 200LX was my portable DOS box with a far richer set of applications. Plus I love/d the interaction between the HP calculator and Lotus 1-2-3 on the 200LX. Eventually, I moved over to Sony's PalmOS devices and remained loyal to them until the release of the iPhone. But those little clamshell pocket computing devices still give me the warm fuzzies!

Back on the Gemini, the price point definitely hits the sweet spot. I haven't picked one up as yet but I am tempted, although I'm waiting to see if they upgrade the WIFI only model as it's specs are definitely due an update (I'm not interested in phone capabilities as I use an iPhone Pro Max with unlimited data plan).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
A practical modern Pocket PC - Chr Yoko - 07-11-2022, 02:54 PM
RE: A practical modern Pocket PC - carey - 07-11-2022, 04:38 PM
RE: A practical modern Pocket PC - Dan C - 07-11-2022, 04:49 PM
RE: A practical modern Pocket PC - HP-12C - 07-11-2022, 10:32 PM
RE: A practical modern Pocket PC - jonmoore - 07-13-2022 10:10 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)