slowdown in the execution speed
08-31-2022, 02:15 AM
RE: slowdown in the execution speed
(08-28-2022 08:30 PM)ramon_ea1gth Wrote:  I’ve noticed this also in the physical Prime G2 when using several times the Function app to plot a set of ten simultaneous graphs that require a certain computing load. After repeating the plotting several times (by changing from symbolic to plot view with the keys), there is a point when the graphing operation goes much slower, as if something filled the memory and the OS were struggling with it.

Said this, the plotting speed in the Prime G2 is amazing when compared to the same task in the HP 50g, that really needs more patience and some optimisation of the equations to be plotted.

Is is convenient / appropriate for you to share the set of ten functions you are plotting? When I implemented the function plotting for the Function app, it was designed with the 39gII in mind (that code was later carried over to the Prime) and with the intent of keeping memory use to a minimum. (The Function app doesn’t use offscreen buffers much in its Plot view; things like the signed area display, marching ants crosshairs, and the tangent line are all done with parameterized colour permutations so that they can be undone without using memory for “what’s beneath”; horizontal panning is done through moving pixels, where possible, rather than resampling and redrawing line segments. The Advanced Graphing app’s Plot view, on the other hand, does use offscreen buffers.) I’ve been wanting to rework the plotting code (for the Function app and the other apps that have this common base code) and having example “tough” cases could be nice.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
slowdown in the execution speed - robmio - 08-23-2022, 05:50 PM
RE: slowdown in the execution speed - jte - 08-31-2022 02:15 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)